How To submit A Guest Post To BuildFire’s Blog
Here’s what you need to know.
The BuildFire blog has over 50,000 subscribers and attracts more than 60,000 monthly visits.
We’re always looking for more brilliant contributors to join our ranks.
If you have exceptional writing and/or design skills and would like to share your expertise with a large audience of business owners, marketers and entrepreneurs, we’d love to hear from you.
Please review this entire page – it should answer any questions you have about what kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
Essentials For Every Post We Publish
Guest contributions are comprehensive, data-driven, and engaging posts that teach our community something new about the world of marketing, sales and business.
We tend to skew towards content specific to marketing and mobile apps, but that’s not all we talk about. We’re also interested in any topic that business owners care about, including: hiring, sales, writing, design, internet trends, among other things.
Things we look for in everything we publish:
- – High-quality writing and original content (we will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere)
- – The content reflects the writing style/tone of the BuildFire blog – we aim to be semi-casual, yet super helpful
- – Proper attribution of data, quotes and outside content references (a great reference)
- – No more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post
- – We only like long form content, that means 2,000 words is a bare minimum
We certainly publish posts from time to time that don’t entirely fall into these guidelines, but your post has the best chance of being published if it matches these guidelines.
What We Won’t Accept
- – Anything covered in our blog previously
- – Anything too promotional about your company or organization
- – Anything offensive or inaccurate
- – Anything overly critical of individuals or organizations
How To Submit Your Post Or Pitch Your Article
Please email email@example.com with the following:
- – Your completed post as a Word Doc, Google Doc or HTML format
- – We’ll also accept topic pitches (headline and 3 – 5 bullet points on what you’ll cover)
- – Image files (with attribution) in a separate folder (image width should not exceed 800px – except with infographics)
- – Short author bio (200 characters maximum) including up to one anchor text link to your own website as well as your Twitter handle
If your article meets our guidelines and fits with the type of content our community would like, we’ll respond to let you know when your article is scheduled to be published.
Please note it can take a couple of weeks to receive a response due to the number of submissions we receive.